Friday, May 10, 2013

Pretty Things

This week I have really been feeling like too much of an adult what with going to dentist appointments without my mother prompting me and exercising regularly. So last night I made crepes for dinner. At 9:00. I even made the caramel sauce and everything! I've never really had crepes except once in London from a street cart (by Westminster, anyone?) but they always look so pretty and I wanted some breakfast and adults can do whatever they want,  right? 

So here is the recipe for the crepes and here is the recipe for the sauce. They're both actually really, really easy. I had never made either before yesterday and they turned out pretty well if I do say so myself. The sauce will make way too much for just this one serving of crepes, but you can put it in the fridge for up to two weeks (probably longer if we're being serious) and it's really good on ice cream and, let's be honest, it's good straight from the jar. 


Also, the Wedgwood plates are a new acquisition. I completely scored at an auction and bought 14 of them for $5! Best deal of my life. They're the prettiest things I own, possibly. That and the my new writing desk (!!!) that I have yet to photograph. 


Another pretty thing in my life recently are the lilacs that Forrest brought home for me. Oh, that guy. He's a winner.

 

Aren't lilacs just the prettiest flowers?

Have a good weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment