Friday, February 22, 2013

Welcome to Washington (D.C.)

Yesterday I awoke at promptly 9:30 a.m. My body then realized I was not in England and it was really 4:30 a.m. I am not a morning person whatsoever, but I am enjoying the feeling of being awake before everyone else. I was excited to discover that our hotel has a waffle iron as part of the continental breakfast and I fully intend on eating waffles every morning for our entire trip. I don't feel bad about this because we carted our juicer (the juicer we actually bought to travel with) all the way across the Atlantic Ocean. There is either something wrong with us or we are really dedicated, but regardless, we will be juicing.

Our first day in the city was very busy (and SO COLD) and we managed to skim by most of the main sights as well as tour the entire Natural History Museum. I also discovered that I may be a squirrel whisperer. Forrest is gone all day today for official things and I am more than okay with resting my exhausted feet* and getting caught up on some American Netflix. I have been up for five hours already and it's only 9:00. I feel triumphant.

A few pictures of our day:



*Turns out you shouldn't walk in boots for more than six hours when you have only worn them three times before.


2 comments: