Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Ahoy!

We're back!

We just got in last night and this vacation was so relaxing that I wasn't even tired! 

I've already unpacked (applause), done one load of laundry (double applause), and I have the best sandal tan. 

In an unlikely turn of events, Forrest came back from the cruise with a sunburn and I came back like a bronze goddess. Seeing as how Fofo is at least five shades darker than my porcelain self, we were quite confused and/or shocked at his bright red skin whilst I had only the tiniest tinge of burn. 

This is some type of a miracle. 
And some responsible use of sunscreen. 
SPF 45, to be exact.

Our port of call was Marseille, France. We didn't get a chance to see the city the day we got there because we were a little more concerned with boarding the ship on time. We shared a cab to the docks with some delightful Irish ladies and spent the rest of the day lounging on deck in the perfect weather. Ah, sun.

I don't think I can properly express the great joy I experienced upon stepping out of the airport. It's a wonderful feeling, this not wearing layers. As I type this, I am wrapped in a blanket with a dying fire on the hearth trying with all my might to recall the warm rays. It's still early spring in England, it seems. 

At least Forrest has his sunburn to warm him up! All I have are my warm memories. 

Port of Marseille
Port of Marseille
Port of Marseille
Legend of the Seas
Port of Marseille
Port of Marseille Legend of the Seas
Legend of the Seas
Legend of the Seas
Legend of the Seas
Port of Marseille
Legend of the Seas

And the first night was formal. So there we are!

Formal night Formal night 








No comments:

Post a Comment